Sunday, January 4, 2009

THE FINISHED PROJECT
(It's so exciting - like we bought a new house!)
The table and chairs were my Grandma and Grandpa O'Malia's (Janet had them for a while).  The China cabinet and little desk also came from Grandma and Grandpa O ~ I love having pieces that belonged to my grandparents.  The tree came from mom.  The light fixture came from my generous neighbor, Tonya b/c it didn't match her room anymore.  The mirror was a wedding gift, as well as the vase on the table and the little lamp.
That pretty much leaves the tablecloth and the shear curtains, which I actually bought all by myself at Target!  Thank GOD for hand - me - downs!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't wait to host a "real" dinner...first ones to be invited??? MOM AND DAD, of course!



2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

It looks awesome, Shannon! That table and china cabinet look brand new and fit perfectly in the room! Great job!! :)

IUgirl78 said...

It looks great, Shannon! What color is that on the walls? I couldn't quite tell on my computer. I love that you have a sentimental connection to the furniture--that is the coolest!